Friday, April 9, 2010

Interview- Secondary Education

The history teacher I interviewed has asked to remain anonymous. The interview through e-mail took place on April 8th. The questions I had asked are as followed:

Q. - Do you enjoy teaching at the High School level?


Q. - What kind of education do I need for this profession?

Q. - Is there any experience that I need for this profession?


Q. - How long does it usually take to become a teacher?


Q. - How long do you have to student teach for?

The answers I got are very helpful for my paper. I found out that teaching at the High School level, teachers enjoy that more other than teaching in the grades k-8. Since we do not have a national school system, the requirements vary from state to state. Some schools will require that you have a B.A. or B.S. in the field that you are majoring. It is also good to have some experience in the field that you are majoring in. It could take seven years to get your Master’s degree, but that can be different for everyone. I learned a lot of information that I wanted to know. It gives me some great information about secondary education.

No comments:

Post a Comment